Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Son!


My son's 28th Birthday is today! He lives in Southern Florida and he does own a surf board. And he surfs. So I thought Surf Edwin from the Lazy Summer Days was the perfect image for his card.

The background was embossed with Koi fish then I used a little distress ink to give it color and dimension. The fence was colored with Creme de Chocolate and Creme de Cocoa Glimmer mist. The sand effect was created with Copic markers. I colored Edwin with Copic markers E0000, E00, E11, E25, E31, E50, G21, G40, B21, B24, B32, B000, B01, and R20. I used liquid glass for the design on the surf board. I stamped, colored and cut out the starfish and pop with pop dot. I distressed the birthday tag and added some rope.

Enjoy your evening and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful card idea, I'm sure that your son will be delighted, nicely done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally awesome!!! Love love love this! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card tells a little story. So sweet:)
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Lordy Child - I didn't know you had a son that is 28!!! You certainly don't look like you should have a kid that old. What a nice Christmas you had!!!!!! Your card is just as cute as can be - very creative and fun.
    Merry Christmas
    Sandy Claus

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect card for your son! I love the embossed background. Just a little bit different. The way I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card that I know he will love especially created by his Mom!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute embossed background. Fun and sweet birthday card :o)
    hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is awesome, I love the wavy background, makes it seem like he just got off the waves. Very cute. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I luv this card! Great backgruond Embossing with the matching image for your son who surfs! :-) Great birthday card! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!