Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tilda Says Your the Bees Knees and DT Call









Good Evening,

I don't usually post twice in one day however, I am so excited about applying for a DT call over at  Inky Impressions!  I had a great time making this card. As you can see Tilda is really stylin' and all ready for some summer fun! I chose to make an easel card. 

I  used stitching around the base of my card; I chose a floss that would compliment the DP.  To complete the look of Tilda's beanie I added Perfect Pearls. I also used them on the lace of  honey jar to create some interest and depth. Her wings, antennas and black stripes all were finished with glitter. I used Sunflower Glimmer Mist on the chipboard butterfly. And this was my first time using cheesecloth; I really liked the finished look.


If you would like here is a closer view:

Created by Karen L. Gauthier

And another

Created by Karen L . Gauthier


Here is what I used to create this card:
Magnolia Stamps - Raising the Ceiling Collection - Honey Tilda & Honey Jar
The Saltbox Studio Sentiments - May
Copic Markers
Prima Flowers
Bling
Chip Board
Twine
Die Namics Leaf Die
Magnolia Vintage Tag Die
Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Cheese Cloth
Floss to sew the design of the bottom of the card
Sunflower Glimmer Mist
Prima Paper - Sun Kiss

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Inky Impressions Design Team Call Challenge - "Lots of Layers and a Bit of Stitching!"
Just Magnolia - Challenge 165 - Bingo (Blue, Flowers, & Glitter)
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Linky Party

6 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, this is so gorgeous! You really have such a great eye for details and placement. I love this! Thank you for answering the DT call at Inky Impressions!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome!!!! This is absolutely amazing!!!! Cheese cloth, how cool is that??? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is so inspiring .Love it all .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is simply gorgeous. I love everything about this card. Very cute Tilda and beautifully coloured as always. Wonderful design. Lovely DP's and embellishments--love the cheesecloth and pearly swirls.
    Good luck on the DT call.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a lovely card! I love all the detailing and the use of embellishments on this card, it's just so pretty! Thank you for answering the Inky Impressions DT Call!

    Jackie, Inky Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello so very sorry I am late commenting, been in bed with the flu most of this week, when I haven't been at the doctors.

    Love how you have interpreted the bingo challenge at Just magnolia this week, Thank you so much for joining us with such a beautiful card.

    Vicky DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!