Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dogs, Dogs and More Dogs


Happy Saturday,

I have had a great start to my weekend! Last evening my wonderful husband took me to our favorite spot for dinner then out for some yummy ice cream. The weather was so gorgeous we got to sit outside which is a nice treat. There will not be too many more warm nights with fall on it's way. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend...




I made this photo box for my mom's birthday which is at the end of this month. This is my little Grace who has grown quite a bit. My parents watch her while I am at work. They have fallen head over heels in love with her. And I must not forget spoil her rotten. Every morning she runs in to greet my mom then goes looking for my dad. It has actually been a wonderful time for them. 

The box inside will hold the book and the book mark. On the inside of the box I made a little scene with Tilda with Wiola. Below are some closer shots of the project and the recipe.

A Close Up View of the Book Mark:

A View of the book:

A Close Up of  Inside the box:

A Closer view of Tilda:


Lastly the front:


Here is the recipe for the photo box:
Magnolia Stamps: Tilda with Wiola, Rufus, Wilma with Rose
Copic Marker
Mayan Road Photo Box
Bling
Liquid pearls in Tilda's bouquet
Cheese clothe
Paper - Bo Bunny Little Miss
Doily
Ribbon 
Charms
Memory Box Dies - Pastry Label, Honey Blossom Sprig
Magnolia Die -Vintage Tag
Cherry Lynn Die - Small Lace Faerie Queen w/Angel Wing
Poppy Stamp Dies - Grand Madison Window, Shutters, Window Box
Marianne Die -Fence



I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Magnolia Licious Highlites - Anything but a Card
7 Kids College Fund - Anything Goes
Natalie and Amy's - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes
Magnolia Mania - Favorite Rubber Stamp

26 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! A definite keeper. She is going to treasure it always. How nice to have a sitter for your dog while you work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project! I adore all of it. Your parents are sweethearts to babysit everyday (wish mine lived closer to do this). Your Mother will just love this gift! And I'm sure Grace will accompany it with lots of wet kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever laldy - Karen this is grand and I know you Mom will love it. I especially love your book mark. Wonderful work and I know that keeping your sweet dog is so good for your Mom and Dad. They obviously love each other!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!!! So very creative! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Magnolia puppies are magnificent, Karen. Great design of the box, book and tag. And that photo of Grace is so adorable. Delightful project.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Karen, I love your gift set, the box, card and tag. What a clever girl you are. They are all amazing creations, Your Mum will love it.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection, very pretty set, I'm sure your Mum will love it
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - Absolutely stunning creation!! Your mom is going to love it. We are so happy you shared with us at Tuesday Alchemy.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    Love your blog too - just had to become a follower. Your work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am now following you. Have a great weekend.

      Karen

      Delete

  9. Super neat gift, Very cute and love the colors.
    Hugs Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is wonderful, Karen! I absolutely love all your work :-)

    Hugs, Dilyana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen your gift is just gorgeous and filled with details for her. I love how you used the dog picture and your mom with the Maggies. The die cuts made is so beautiful. She will love this gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just amazing! So pretty...love the colors you've used!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your projects! Great works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is beautiful! Love it!
    Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania!
    xxx Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen, I love this. Your mom will love this too!! Grace is so cute. Beautiful colouring of all the maggies. What a nice surprise inside the box too. Love the scene you've created there. Gorgeous die cuts. Wonderful picture of you and Grace behind the window.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a terrific keepsake for your Mom! Terrific job on this cute photo box Karen, I'm sure she will treasure it! Thank you for joining the challenge at Magnolia-licious Highlites too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous, such gorgeous colours too, gorgeous work, thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful set sweetie!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karen, the book, tag and book are just gorgeous! I love all the details that you have added to everything, especially how you have the picture in the window! Your mom is going to love this wonderful keepsake!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great box. Love all the details inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful book box and tag set. Gorgeously done and very elegant :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great projects I love the cute dogs. Thanks for sharing with us at Natalie and Amy's Challenge this month xxx Pascale (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!