Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Things with Wings




Happy Wednesday,

I am sad today. I am flying later today back to snow country. The warm sunshine and ocean breeze have been awesome. And I had a spectacular time with my kids. How is your week going? I hope it is going well.

Today I made a card featuring a Magnolia stamp "Summer Flower Tilda". She is just so pretty. She is my favorite because she is so sweet, I love her wings and her dress. She is studying the flower so intently. And the color purple seems appropriate for spring and Easter. I colored her with Copic Markers and used a lot of butterflies to compliment her wings. The paper is from Graphic 45 which I actually love "A Place in Time". I hope I have inspired you today!

Karen


You can purchase these items at 7 Kids College Fund

Magnolia Stamp - Summer Flower Tilda
Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
Graphic 45 Paper A Place in Time

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Magnolia Licious - Spring Blossoms
Marvelous Magnolia - Dies
Clearly Inspired - Anything Goes
Midweek Magnolias - #54 My Favourite Stamp!
Tilda's Town - #45 Think Spring

21 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! Just wanted to pop in and wish you luck with the Heartfelt creations semi-finalist contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And I agree, this Tilda does look so sweet and perfect with the color scheme....fabulous!!! Hate to hear you're heading back to snow country, but it should be spring soon (hopefully)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, adorable card, love the purple colour and all the lovely dies. Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia this week!
    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Karen. Love the purple colour palette and Tilda is sooo adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!! Love, love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This beautiful!!! wonderful purple and all that! Good luck with the HC semifinals! how funny I work at a company called CMC!! neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute, Karen, and one of my favorite Tildas. Love the purple tones.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love the color combo . Congratulations on winning the semi-finals with HFC and good luck with the finals

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to the white mounds! I have them too, Is Spring coming this year? lol
    Love the purples and the design of your card! Beautiful and so elegant.
    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful spring card! Love the purple and cream color combo. What a gorgeous butterfly die cut too! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card and image..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to New England, I know and totally understand.... hehe!!! Love the gorgeous card, L-O-V-E!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Karen. I love the colors you have used also all the details are gorgeous.
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is simple beautiful! Love the purple! Have a safe trip!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that butterfly, very sweet
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  16. A most lovely creation, Karen! Love purple! Beautiful job coloring and showcasing this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply gorgeous! Love the colors! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow gorgeous colors on this card and beautiful design also!!!!! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing. the butterflies are the perfect touch. I agree purple seems to fit her.
    Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge. Hope to see you soon. Be sure to stop by in May as we have a few NEW things up our sleeves!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!