Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May Day

Happy Wednesday,

May is just flying by! Well Monday it was 81 and sunny but the rest of the week is 60's and showers. Just hoping the warm comes to stay......

I decided to create this wooden heart I bought at Michaels into a Maypole. I painted the heart with Martha Stewart Rose paint. My sweet hubby drilled a hole for the pole. To create the pole I used a straw then wrapped it in ribbon. To complete the pole design I added taffeta, pink ribbon, white curling ribbon and a pearl on top. The top of the my design is full of flowers from Prima, WOC and Kort & Godt.  The inside of the heart was lined with white lace and a white flower trim. To complete the design I added pink roses and Magnolia Doohickey Swirly Butterfly Die. The stamps are from Magnolia - Tilda with Cros Necklace, Sweet Princess, Magnolia Tilda and Tilda with Ballet Shoes. My images were colored with Copics and paper pieced with Magnolia and Maja Paper.


Here are some close ups of my project:


Middle:
 Top:

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your week.

I am entering my project in the following challenges:
Totally Tilda - #96 Princess Tilda
Time for Magnolia - #56 Shabby Chic or Vintage
Stamp and Create Magnolia - #35 Spring Anything but a Card
Through the Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes May 13
Challenges 4 Everybody -#41 Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine - #33 Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Oh, wow!!! Karen, Your creation is absolutely stunning. What a fab idea.
    It is just so pretty with lots of gorgeous detail.
    I bet it took you a while to make?
    Hugs, Donna. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this project is amazing, love the idea
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Love the scene and those very sweet beautiful Tilda's dancing around the May pole, love it! Beautifully done, looks like a luscious cake topper.
    I love it!!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic and beautiful! Wowers you've created a unique piece of art.
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW Karen!!!!! I'm so impressed with your creative abilities. This is so beautifully done. The little details are what put this over the top for me! Fabulous project, truly! Hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what an adorable project! Beautiful Karen! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Karen this is so beautifully sweet
    Thanks for joining us @ Totally Tilda for our Princess Challenge
    Hugs Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet display piece Karen! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation, this seems a real work of love. Thanks for joining in with our Princess challenge at Totally Tilda :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!